Do you know your value streams? Value Stream Management has been around since the dawn of lean – but it’s different in the digital world. Digital value streams need a different treatment and DevOps toolchains mean we have more opportunities to gain actionable insights and deliver value outcomes to our customers than ever before.
Duration 2 days
Training material Training folder & digital. Access to case studies, additional ressources & glossary
Value Stream Management (VSM) Foundation
The Value Stream Management Foundation course is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance. Learning objectives include:
- Describe the origins of value stream management and key concepts such as flow, value, and delivery
- Describe what value stream management is, why it’s needed and the business benefits of its practice
- Describe how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- Identify and describe value streams, where they start and end, and how they interconnect
- Identify value stream roles and responsibilities
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Apply metrics such as touch/processing time, wait/idle time, and cycle time to value streams
- Understand flow metrics and how to access the data to support data-driven conversations and decisions
- Examine value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs
Trainer for this course is Alex Lichtenberger. Alex is a DevOps, Agile und Lean Enthusiast and has long-year experience in DevOps implementations and was one of the first DevOps trainer in Europe. Value Stream Management has been the subject on several customer projects and meetups. Alex Lichtenberger is actively engaging in the community as blogger, conference speaker and academic lecturer.
Our latest related Blogs & Meetups:
- Value Stream Mapping – Experiences & Learnings, Zürich & Bern
- Fünf kritische Erfolgsfaktoren für eine DevOps Transformation
- Agile: Dead End? Taking The Next Step By Applying DevOps Practices Effectively
- You can not „Do“ DevOps, but you can…
- What is your Done?
- Module 1: History and Evolution
- Module 2: Identifying Value Streams
- Modul2 3: Mapping Value Streams
- Module 4: Connecting Value Streams
- Module 5: Value Stream Metrics
- Module 6: Inspecting the Value Stream
- Module 7: Organizing as Value Streams
- Module 8: Evolving Value Streams
People working in an organization aiming to improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption. Any roles involved in the creation and delivery of products or services:
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO and CVO
- Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers
- Scrum Masters, agile and DevOps coaches and facilitators Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
- Business analysts Architects, developers, and engineers
- Release and environment managers IT Ops, service and support desk workers
- Customer experience and success professionals
None, although having a working knowledge of lean, agile, DevOps, and value stream principles will be useful.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate receiving their Value Stream Management Foundation certification and digital badge. The certification is governed and maintained in partnership with DevOps Institute.
You want to focus on certain topics or have customized content? Or instead a training a workshop, with an as is assessment and concrete next steps? No problem – we are happy to implement this for you.
Interested for an inhouse training? Get in touch with us to get a quote.
Why impact matters?
Interactive sessions instead PowerPoint shows
Trainers are experienced Lean & DevOps consultants
Trainers did first DevOps trainings in Europe