Introduces a range of practices for improving service reliability through a mixture of automation, working methods and organizational re-alignment. Tailored for those focused on large-scale service availability.
Duration 2 days
Training material Training folder & digital. Access to case studies, additional sources and communities
SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation ℠
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation℠ course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office.
The course was developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
Trainer for this SRE course is Alex Lichtenberger. Alex is a DevOps, Agile und Lean Enthusiast and has long-year experience in DevOps implementations and was one of the first DevOps trainer sin Europe. Alex Lichtenberger is actively engaging in the DevOps community as blogger, conference speaker and academic lecturer.
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
Persons working in Business, IT developement and IT operation, which want to improve and learn about DevOps.
No formal prerequisites
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute. DevOps Institute (DOI)
- Deep Dive Agile: Scrum Master, Produkt Owner oder Agile Leadership Training
- Coming soon: DevOps Leader, DevOps Test Engineering, DevOps Continuous Delivery Architect
You want to focus on certain topics or have customized content? Or instead a training a workshop, with an as is assessment and concrete next steps? No problem – we are happy to implement this for you.
Interested? Get in touch with us to get a quote for an inhouse training.
Why SRE training at impact matters?
Interactive sessions instead PowerPoint shows
Trainers are experienced DevOps coaches
Trainers did first DevOps trainings in Europe